As we approach the holiday season, we wish to share with you a couple of events we're planning.
1. Window Wanderland - Dec 1 to Dec 18
As in previous years, all businesses are invited to dress up their store window and register with the BIA as a competing store window. There will be a popular vote from the general public as well as a judges' vote for best windows. The top 3 General Public vote winners will each win 1 month poster advertisement in the TTC bus shelter at Mount Pleasant and Davisville. Register Here
2. Christmas Fair - Dec 3, 10am-4pm
In addition to having live reindeer, strolling acapella bands and family photos with Santa, we're trying a scavenger hunt this year which is designed to better promote individual businesses of ALL types and get visitors to actively seek out and discover something interesting about businesses they may otherwise overlook. Questions for the scavenger hunt will be determined by myself, but you're welcome to submit something specific to your business for consideration prior to Nov 28.
Things you can do for this event:
- In order to promote some visual consistency for the day, all shop owners and staff are encouraged to wear red for the day
- Register a task for the scavenger hunt. In addition to simple questions as described, there will also be a task component where participants have to complete a task to earn points. For example, "Sample a holiday cookie at Thobor's" or "Find the hidden elf in our store". Tasks may not involve purchases. Register here before November 28.
- We have a blanket sidewalk sale permit, so you're welcome to put merchandise out front of your store. No food unfortunately. Let us know in advance and we can promote your activity online and via social media.
Important Dates and Deadlines
November 28 - Deadline to submit your planned task activity for the scavenger hunt. Register Here.
December 1 - Start of Window Wanderland. Register Here.
December 3 - Scavenger Hunt and street event.