Do you have what it takes? There is no entry fee for the Apple Pie Eating Contest; just bring lots and lots of enthusiasm – and obviously an appetite – and try to eat a pie as fast as you can.
World record holder of Apple Pie Eating Contests Joey Chestnut explains the secret to his success: “I just get into a rhythm, control my breathing, don’t over-stuff my mouth, drink water, just do the same thing over and over again.”
Rules & Regulations
1) Contestant must be 18 years or older
2) Contestant must register in advance (Register below). Registration is first come first serve, and limited to 10 confirmed registrants.
3) Contestant must sign waiver in person before the competition or will not be allowed to compete
4) Time: 12pm-1pm, September 21
5) Location: 522 Mount Pleasant Rd.
6) Time limit of 5 minutes or the first to finish the pie wins
7) You may use your hands to eat
8) Lets eat some apple pie!!!!
I hereby agree, acknowledge and accept the following and am registering for the Pie eating Contest. I know that eating a pie at a fast rate of speed is potentially a hazardous and uncomfortable activity. I should not enter and eat unless I am medically able. I agree to abide by any decision of the contest officials and abide by any and all contest rules. I assume all the risks associated with eating in this event including, but not limited to indigestion, contact with other contestants and all such risks being known and appreciated by me. Having read this waiver and knowing these facts and consideration of The Mount Pleasant Village BIA accepting my entry I, for myself and anyone entitled to act on my behalf, waive, and release the Mount Pleasant Village BIA, the contest organizers, pie suppliers/bakers, their representatives and successors from all claims of liabilities of any kind arising out of my participation in this event. I also understand that the above is also related to any food allergies and waive and release The Mount Pleasant Village BIA, contest organizers, pie suppliers/bakers, their representatives and successors from all claims of liability of any kind.