639A Mount Pleasant Rd
We offer a small, nurturing, non-competitive sleep-over camp with a higher level of support and special accommodations for campers.
Camp Kirk welcomes children from all over the world, providing a higher level of support and special accommodations for
- Learning Disabilities (LD)
- Attention Deficit Disorders (ADD-ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (high functioning ASD)
- Incontinence/ Enuresis (bedwetting)
Camp Kirk’s Mandate
- To serve children who have learning disabilities.
- To provide a safe physical, social and emotional recreational environment adhering to high standards of general camping practices.
- To design and provide a camp programme that will allow children to increase their understanding of themselves and of their learning disabilities.
- To design and provide a camp programme that will teach them the social and physical skills that will encourage them to take the risks necessary to increase their opportunities for success.
- To provide staff training that will increase understanding of the children who have learning disabilities, demonstrate how best to work with these children and encourage and foster personal and professional development.
- To work cooperatively with the families of campers and other professionals who may be involved.
- To be an advocate for people with learning disabilities.
Sun: Office Sept-May - Call ahead.
Located in: Education