Communications and Marketing Assistant Position
Mount Pleasant Village BIA is hiring for the Summer!
The Mount Pleasant Village Business Improvement Area (MPV BIA) is one of 83 BIAs across the City of Toronto representing nearly 200 businesses along Mount Pleasant Road from Davisville Ave to Eglinton Ave. The mandate of the BIA is to improve, beautify and promote the village as a vibrant retail business area.
We’re hiring for 2 positions for the Communications and Marketing Assistant. In this role, the successful candidate will work with BIA staff to create content for the BIA’s website, improve previous content, and support the outreach of BIA initiatives with the membership.
Responsibilities will include:
- Draft and proofread written communications for accuracy and clarity.
- Create written content for the Mount Pleasant Village website.
- Update the BIA website and publish blog posts, newsletters, events, etc
- Communicate and outreach in person and over the phone with vendors, partners, and participating businesses to confirm involvement in BIA activations.
- Research and set industry benchmarks
- Develop asset inventory for BIA
- Surveying business owners about shopping patterns and interests.
- Support on-site BIA activations.
- Additional admin tasks as required.
Preferred Qualifications and/or Skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Gsuite is a must.
- Knowledge of SEO techniques is an asset.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Job Location: Remote, however some weekly visits to the BIA will be required.
Period: 9 weeks, between late-May and August
How to apply
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to Lais Fabricio via email email@example.com with the subject line “[YOUR NAME] – Communications & Marketing Position”.
This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs grant from the Federal Government and applicants must be under the age of 29 years old and a permanent resident of Canada.