Rare Diptych Mural Opportunity
The Mount Pleasant Village BIA is seeking an artist to complete a diptych double wall mural at 621 and 624 Mount Pleasant Rd. The work will be two large murals completed on the walls and both murals are expected to complement each other.
It is a highly visible location, as you can see from the image, everyone travelling south on Mount Pleasant be it by foot or driving will be able to see it. It’s a very active corner, the address hosts 2 flower shops and there’s already a very colourful mural on the northwest corner.
The mural should reflect the community resilience and vibrancy that got us through the pandemic and kept our businesses going; now is the time to use them and look forward. Mount Pleasant is a very tight-knit community always willing to support each other, and we seek to celebrate it. We ask that the artist employ vivid imagery and flowers (abstract or not) to evoke solidarity, community, support, and togetherness.
Project & Timeline Details
- This is a ONE artist call for 2 murals as they should complement each other.
- These Murals are subject to City of Toronto BIA Mural Grant approval.
- The Artist selected will provide 2 significantly different renderings for Community and Marketing Committee feedback.
- Commission: $14,000
- The artist will be responsible for all costs of material and the rental of any equipment that might be required.
|Call for Artists deadline||03-Jun|
|Community engagement and feedback||26-Jul|
|Execution window||20 Aug – 17 Sept|
How to apply
Application Deadline: June 3rd, 2022
Applications should consist of:
- A brief summary about yourself
- A portfolio of up to 5 recently completed outdoor and/or mural work
- A brief artist statement outlining your interest in this project, showing relevant experience, ability, and general artistic approach.
- Between 3 and 5 pages or slides.
The application can be submitted in a single PDF to email@example.com with the subject line “[Your Name] – Mural Proposal 621 & 624 Mt Pleasant”
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding this project please feel free to reach out to:
Lais Fabricio (she/her)
BIA Manager | Mount Pleasant Village BIA
M: (416) 262-9692