By Yousef Chaparian
Takeout in Mount Pleasant Village
Although indoor dining will have to wait, these are 4 local restaurants in Mount Pleasant Village that are up and running through delivery services and in-house takeout.
The restaurants down below are the best Mount Pleasant Village has to offer! Revel in different cuisines with savory tastes. A trip around the world is just a phone call away.
Bolan Thai Cuisine
(709 Mt Pleasant Rd.)
Want to try a Thai restaurant but don’t have a clue where to go? Bolan Thai Cuisine has you covered! Experience a bite of flavourful spices, nutritious herbs, and a unique history—all at once.
Bolan (Borāṇ) is Thai for ancient. The food served here comes with great history and honour. Bolan Thai Cuisine aims to bring people together over classic Thai dishes.
When you enter their restaurant, simple wooden decor creates a warm familiar atmosphere. Classic Thai sauces array the walls. Small, cozy, and authentic—the best Thai dishes are served here!
You must try out some of the favourites: Red Curry with Chicken, Crispy Beef, and Lemongrass Soup. Here are some traditional Thai staples:
1. Bolan Pad Thai
Stir-fried glass noodles with chicken and shrimp, egg, tofu, onion and bean sprouts in homemade tamarind sauce, wrapped with egg crêpe, and topped with ground peanuts
2. Ka-Prao Gai Kai Dow
Stir-fried minced chicken with fresh holy basil leaves, garlic, fresh chilli , red pepper, onion, green beans served with fried egg and jasmine rice
You can never go wrong with Pad Thai!
Takeout and delivery are offered Tuesday–Friday 11:30 a.m.–10 p.m. and Saturday–Sunday 12–10 p.m.! Have a taste of Thai today!
(579 Mt Pleasant Rd.)
Stuck at home microwaving stale pasta? Have a taste of Tuscany when you visit Florentia! This restaurant offers a cozy, romantic, and homey Italian experience.
Florentia engages in a healthy living lifestyle with an all local seasonal vegetables, and cuts of meat, and poultry sourced from Ontario. With a focus on lean cuisine, Florentia chefs only cook with Italian extra virgin olive oil in lieu of other commonly used oils.
Expect healthy home-cooked meals including fresh pasta and Italian trattoria.
These are just a few Tuscan dishes you can expect to be served at the restaurant:
1. Scallopini: Tender Chicken Scallopini or Veal in your choice of sauce
2. Chicken Parmigiana: Chicken breast cutlet lightly breaded with tomato sauce and mozzarella
3. Florentia Pizza: Sundried tomatoes, goat cheese, arugula, fior di latte, parmigiano cheese and tomato sauce
Beautifully simple in its execution and served with fresh ingredients, takeout is waiting for you at your door!
Takeout and delivery are offered Sunday–Saturday 5–10 p.m. and Monday–Saturday 12–2:30 p.m.!
Marigold Indian Bistro
552 Mt Pleasant Rd.
After a taste of Thailand and Italy, hop over on the next flight to India. With savory, flavourful, and delicious food, Marigold Indian Bistro specializes in distinct Indian cuisine curated by Chef Dinesh Sharma. They offer plenty of vegan options, vegetarian, and gluten free options.
Marigold Indian Bistro has undergone a newly renovated interior and its stylish ambiance takes evening dinner to a whole new level.
With an exhaustive list of takeout options, here are a few favourites:
1. Butter Chicken: Tender chicken cubes grilled in tandoor and prepared in tomato sauce with a touch of light cream
2. Chicken Tikka Masala: Marinated chicken, bell peppers, tomatoes and onions in a thick gravy
3. Tandoori Sampler (Mix Grilled Platter): Order for two! Malai tikka, tandoori chicken, lamb seekh kebab, paneer tikka, and prawn tikka with naan bread and salad.
With plentiful portion sizes, you have another great takeout option up your sleeve in 2022.
Takeout is offered Sunday/Tuesday 4–9:30 p.m. and Wednesday–Saturday 12–10 p.m.! They even offer free delivery!
623 Mt Pleasant Rd.
A graceful Italian restaurant, Piano Piano serves classic Italian dishes and desserts. Great food and a warm atmosphere livens your dining experience. Whether you order pizza, pasta, or a traditional soft serve ice cream—Piano Piano satisfies your cravings.
Piano Piano offers a wide variety of Italian dishes, you can never go wrong in your choosing! You must try:
1. Burrata: Begin with this tasty appetizer! Made deliciously with roasted grapes, maldon salt, and focaccia toast.
2. The Mediterranean: If you’re in the mood for delicious pizza, this includes: tomato, garlic, oregano, chillis, pecorino, and Sicilian anchovy. It’s cooked to golden perfection!
3. Bone-In Veal Chop: And for the main course, it is served with: fior di latte, tomato, spicy soppressata, and basil.
Don’t forget the Carrot Cake for dessert!
Takeout and delivery are offered Sunday–Saturday 5–9 p.m.!
All restaurants above are operating through delivery services or takeout.
We await your visit to Mount Pleasant Village soon. In the meantime, support local businesses as you bite into Pad Thai Chicken or The Mediterranean.
Stay tuned for our next upcoming blog, where we guide you on the 4 must try health and wellness local businesses for the year!